Monday, May 12, 2014

#3.2: Make 20 Recipes From Pinterest – Snickerdoodle Waffles

Can you believe it's already May? Where does the time even go?

This past Sunday was Mother's Day. I had been putting off buying a gift for my mom all week, as I wasn't sure what she'd like, and I decided at the last minute to cook breakfast for her and the rest of my family (it's the thought that counts, right?). After scouring over the Internet for a bit, I found this recipe through Pinterest. Waffles are always popular at our house, so I thought these would be perfect.


Ingredients

2 cups flour
• 2 TB sugar
• 4 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp salt
• 2 eggs
• 1 1/2 cup warm milk
• 1/3 cup melted butter
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1 tsp almond extract
• 1tsp cinnamon

For the Topping

• 1/2 cup melted butter
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup cinnamon


Preheat waffle maker.


Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.


Beat eggs in a separate bowl.


Pour in the melted butter…


...vanilla and almond extracts, and milk. Mix well.


Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, and mix.


Add the cinnamon, and, once again, mix.


You're now ready to add to your waffle maker!


While the waffles are cooking, mix together the cinnamon and sugar in a dish.


Put the butter in a pan or on a plate. Make sure it's big enough to fit the waffles.


When a waffle is done, first dip it in the butter…


…and then in the cinnamon/sugar mix.


Voila! This recipe made 7 waffles with my waffle maker, but this can obviously vary depending on your waffle maker. 

The verdict? These were amazing! We polished them off throughout the day, and will definitely make them again sometime. It took about an hour and 15 minutes from start to finish, which may seem like a long time, but it didn't bother me. I enjoyed it and had a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment