Sunday, September 7, 2014

#3.4: Make 20 Recipes From Pinterest – Chicken Pesto Quinoa Bowl

Time is passing so quickly, and to be honest, it's scaring the shit out of me. There's a lot on my plate at the moment that I don't want to deal with, and when that's the case, I distract myself with the Internet. A bad idea, really, as that in of itself makes time slip away even faster.

Anyway, I made this recipe over a month ago (I think?). It was one I found through Pinterest relatively recently, but it immediately caught my eye and I wanted to try it. Do you remember The Protein Bar? It was a restaurant I tried during my DC trip, and I wrote a little bit about it here. To summarize, it's a small restaurant chain that specializes in healthy, high protein meals, everything delicious and made with natural ingredients. 

I didn't get the Chicken Pesto Quinoa Bowl the two times I visited, but I think (lol idk??) I remember seeing it on their menu. 



Ingredients
• 2 c quinoa
• 2 chicken breasts
• 1 c spinach
• 2 T pesto
• 2 T grated parmesan
• 1 t lemon pepper
• 1 t garlic
• 1 T EVOO





Boil 4 cups of water, and add the quinoa. Simmer for 15-ish minutes, or until done.




Cut the chicken (and season with the lemon pepper) and garlic...




…and add to a warm skillet with the olive oil.




After the quinoa and chicken are done, add them plus the spinach, pesto, and parmesan to a large bowl, and mix.



All done!




I did have to make adjustments to the recipe, but once I did, it was sooooo good. At first, once I had mixed everything together, the flavor was weak. I ended up adding more pesto, parmesan, and salt, and wanted to add more chicken and spinach, but this could easily be solved by using less quinoa. It does make a lot anyway, so using less quinoa would be good if you don't want a lot of leftovers.




Thanks for reading, no one!

Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment